Forums » General Training » Running

My toes hurt after a run! What to do?

(13 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by lassie
  • Latest reply from shannon8876

Tags:

1. Well, my 2 toes next to my big toe are the longest and these toes hurt when I run 4 miles or more.(only on one foot!) I know my shoes are big enough because I went to a legitimate running store and they checked my shoes out for my feet.
    Does anyone else have the same problem and what did you do about it? It does not deter me from running but when I stop I would love to take my shoes off and walk the cool down!

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. I to am having the same problem only on the second toe on right foot and it is taking a few days to recover from it. It just recently started becoming a problem, as i have increased my distance, my shoes fit fine it is driving me crazy.I have not figured out what to do for it yet.

Posted 5 years ago #
  3. Tell us more about how it hurts... does it hurt on the end of the toe? Or is it in the bones of the toe? Do they hurt when they flex? Does it only hurt WHEN you're running and stop immediately afterwards?

You could have any number of things causing this pain...

Posted 5 years ago #
  4. OK. It is at the tip of the toes and really only becomes noticeable nearer the end of the run and definitely when I stop running. That may have something to do with concentration on the run so I don't notice and then near the end I guess I start thinking of my body than the run. When I take my shoes off it is a relief. The tips of the toes are tender but never that bad that I could not wear closed toe shoes to work an hour later! I thought it was because those toes do not have as much "padding" as the big toe and wondered if there was something for the toes like Dr Scholls insoles are for feet!!!

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. if your toes touch the front of the shoe, they might be too small even if they feel fine. your foot can slide a little forward during the footstrike and bang the front of the shoe. so it helps to have room up there but with the shoe snug enough in your forefoot so it only has minimal slide. the other typical cause is downhill running. toes just keep banging the front of the shoe on every step. any chance you're running a lot of downhills?
    they sell little silicone toe caps. you could try those. i've seen them on the road runner sports website.

Posted 5 years ago #
  6. I agree with Andrea, it sounds like maybe your shoes don't fit quite right. It's not uncommon for shoes to feel fine in the store, but once you get out and run further, your feet change a little and you feel them. I bet the store would love to help you find a better shoe for you. I encourage you to take them back and talk to them about what you're feeling... I'm sure they will be VERY helpful!

Posted 5 years ago #
  7. Well, thanks guys. I will go to my store and see what they say, but I bought these about 5 weeks ago ( yet only ran under 70 miles) so not sure if they will entertain a switch. I have a bunion on that foot so needed the extra comfort. Maybe I went for comfort instead for running style. I may even check on the silicone caps.

Posted 5 years ago #
  8. Lassie, when you say you have a bunion on that foot the thought comes that you might also have the beginnings of "hammer toe". These bony deformities frequently go together. If the refitting of the shoe/silicone toe caps don't help you might need to talk to your physician for suggested exercises. You can find info on hammer toe on the net. Good luck.

Posted 5 years ago #
  9. Lassie, even with 5 weeks and 70 miles on the shoes, I wouldn't be surprised if the store was willing to work with you. Especially if it's an independent running shoe store, focused on runners. They would love to make you a happy customer who will always come back to their store, so it's worth them to take a shoe back... But I guess there's a chance they won't be able to help you.

At the minimum I'm sure they'll help you find a better shoe.

Posted 5 years ago #
  10. I will stop by the store and see what they say. They can always say no but I won't know until I try, right?

I went out running today and "listened to my toes" and after 3 miles it was more like the balls of my feet and the bottom of the end of my toes rather than the tips of them that throbbed.! Still will check out Hammer Toe too.

Posted 5 years ago #
  11. If the store is NOT willing to take back/trade your shoes... think of finding a new store. Mine has said they will take back if at ANY time the shoes are not working out.

Posted 5 years ago #
  12. Hello, I have the same problem. My toes hurt after my run, especially near the end - 4-7 miles. But I know my shoes fit because I have tried many good running shoes and different sizes all to the same effect, mostly the toe right next to the big toe. Does anyone know that if the shoe fits perfectly why such pain of the toe?

Thank you!

Rob

Posted 5 years ago #
  13. Or cursed those involved in the decline in the industry.3265 on the dollar and stock market averages were little changed across much of the Eurozone." Include raw fruits (seasonal), vegetables and nuts and seeds as much as possible in your diet.In addition, the strategy to write a well eBay listing is to merge search engine friendly wording with accurate details about the product in a way that will attract people to bid on your product.Often times, early Greek and Roman jewelry, would be highly affected by trade with neighboring cultures, and varied in style, depending on what type of resources were available to them.You can increase the intensity of your workouts by simply adjusting the resistance of the power rods.

Now measure across the widest part of your feet which will be your ball (ball width).Dueling is legal in Paraguay, as long as both parties are registered blood donors.Now there are big vehicles for transportation.WIIFM stands for "what is in for me".With Metanotes, you can create sticky notes on an online board and collaborate with friends.It really is a nifty little MP3 player and well worth the money.THE staff could history a new arena aim cheap tiffany jewelry by means of snapping shots the baseball from the ring in the course of normal play.So what do I do?We are fully committed to your safety and enjoyment when using our products.Modest hills and bigger mountains towards the north of Alicante offer you natural protection in the north winds.

They may be signaling a false sense of prosperity.(NKE), and Bed Bath Beyond Inc.But for that running boy or girl, get the best price possible.However, over a period of time, your body will Tiffany Necklace start to hit the ceiling.I do not know the 18th century novel Clarissa, but it use of Job is fascinating (if I ever got a PHD, I probably write about uses of Job in literature, and this book would likely be on my list).To relieve his students of boredom, he nailed half bushel hampers to the wall.Once you have budged the window, start applying the WD40 and working to raise and lower it, even by a small amount at first, until the sticky window moves more easily.Follow Renee Nal on Twitter @ReneeNal and Facebook.

By showcasing your products or services during a webinar, you can show people exactly how your company can help them achieve their goals.An ad serving company can use its full-featured web, blog and feed advertising server to efficiently manage, serve and report on ads in feeds while making it possible for publishers to easily monetize their syndicated content.8PM Sunday Night Games, Monday, and Thursday are televised nationally.Camera specs have also had a serious workout in part thanks to the leaps and bounds that Nokia has made in this field with its incredible imaging technology.The Sports HQ for example manufacturers and supplies beginners golf sets in men's, ladies and junior editions ?

Seller ClaimShe sits in a seat and from her handbag pulls out a compact disc player!In the spring of that year Andersen had an awkward accident, falling out of bed and severely hurting himself.I get shoes from there too .If you want to see real impressive results, also add some cardiovascular exercise in with the weight training, but don't overdo http://www.jeweleryuksale.co.uk/cartier-jewelry-c-48/ it.Mais le fabricant de cartes m moire se situe loin devant ses autres challengers : ainsi le tr s cr atif Archos ne p se quant lui que 100 millions !For brides attempting to save on wedding costs, discount bridal sandals can be purchased without compromising on style or comfort.We offer a combination of practical and theoretical skills, supported by an understanding of the socio-cultural context and industry needs.

It's a good idea to know what you are looking for in a glove, and what is available.To handle uploaded files, you should not need to know the full file path.Three servings of kiwi fruit a day (or any other fruit) can preventYour children should be slowly taught these skills so that they too can realize the true worth of their collectible porcelain dolls in case they decide to sell a particular doll or barter it with another doll enthusiast in future.Distinctive design and astonishing performance leave no doubt - the MVP is for people of all ages with a real passion for the game of basketball.All bookmakers are LAYERS, so when you make a LAY on Betfair you are actually playing the role of the bookie.

Posted 7 months ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

Member Sign In

Sweat 365 is dedicated to supporting your every-day fitness, no matter what your level and no matter what your goals are.

We'll deliver you inspiration to move more - every day.

At Sweat 365 you can easily keep track of your workouts, blog about fitness and life, and connect with other athletes. You'll find training guides for races of all distances, disciplines, and levels of competition. Yes, even walking a race is competing!. Sign up here free